In one of my posts last week I discussed wearing white after Labor Day and all of the ridiculous stigma that can come with a fashion choice of this magnitude. I stood up for the right to wear white year-round without judgment so it’s only fitting that I risk perceived “fashion fail” and hit you with this little gem today.
As you can clearly see I’m wearing white…after Labor Day but what I love about this look are the added sprinkles of red and gold. For me, the white and red ensemble subtly conjures up nostalgia of fashion of the late 50’s. I love the fashions from that era and have a feeling my polka dots and pedal pushers would have fit right in.
Fun fact: I wasn’t feeling the accessories I was initially wearing and decided to try and find something else before we shot these images. Disappointed, my only option at the time was a nearby Payless. Imagine my surprise when I found the perfect set (go figure). There are hidden gems everywhere folks! The necklace and bracelet set are sort of the poor man’s take on vintage Chanel charm jewelry but hey, I am the poor man so it works.
- Cardigan: H&M, Polka Dot Crop Cardigan view similar
- Pants: Laudry By Shelli Segal, Ankle Pants view similar
- Bag: Aldo: ADELAIDE Red and Gold Metal Stachel view similar
- Shoes: Diba, Red Dianna Heel, view similar
- Necklace and Bracelet: Payless Womens Beauty Charm Jewelry view necklace and view bracelet